- (Age Rating 4+)
$2.99 Download Now
- Version: 1.2.1
- Release Date: 2012-01-20
- File Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Publisher: Denis Krivitski
- About App:
App ActivityApr 16 '12Version 1.2.1$2.99Apr 04 '12Version 1.2$2.99Mar 20 '12Version 1.1.1$2.99Jan 19 '12Version 1.0$2.99
Are you a professional lecturer, teacher, speaker, presenter, trainer, workshop or seminar leader who cares to punctually finish his/her performance?
Did you find yourself in a situation where some section took you much longer to finish than you planned, and you wondered how to rearrange the rest of your performance to complete everything on time?
The Room Captain app provides you with on-the-fly scheduling of sections during your performance. Should you be late on some section, the app will reschedule the remaining sections such that your performance finished on time.
On-the-fly scheduling works as follows. The app is configured with a list of sections that constitute the performance. Each section has a maximum, typical, and minimum duration configuration, and can be marked as skip-able. At performance start, the user specifies performance finish time. The app will then adjust the duration of each section based on the allocated time for performance and sections configurations (for details about the scheduling algorithm see the User’s Guide: http://bit.ly/ymCjPj ). Should conditions change during the lecture, like finishing some sections ahead of time, or being late on other sections, the application dynamically re-adjusts the remaining sections such that the lecture is finished on time.
The section configurations have the following meaning:
Typical time – this is the best duration for a section, not too long, not too short.
Maximum time – an upper limit on section duration, allocating time above which would be useless.
Minimum time – the time required to convey the most important part of the section. For important sections, that are crucial to be delivered, may be equal to the typical time.
Skip-able (either yes or no) – a skip-able section is a low priority section that can be thrown out altogether if there is not enough time, freeing more time for other sections.
The app intuitively visualizes all the necessary timing information. The external dial shows the whole performance divided in to sections. Sections that already passed are colored red, remaining sections are colored green. The current section is slightly highlighted. The internal dial times the current section. When the performer is behind the schedule, the delay time (negative slack) is shown. The user can skip to next section or back to previous at any time by taping arrow buttons or by a swipe gesture. In addition, the user can postpone or advance the finish time by tapping +5 or -5 buttons.
User's Guide: http://bit.ly/ymCjPj
1. Intuitive timing visualization
2. Display of behind the schedule delay time (negative slack)
3. Skip to next section by taping or swiping
4. Back to previous section by taping or swiping
5. Adjust finish time in 5min increments/decrements
6. Current section title is shown
7. Next section title is shown
8. Extra time added to a section is shown in different color
9. Time subtracted from a section due to time shortage is shown in different color
10. Extended information display by tapping the info button. The information includes:
a. Performance elapsed time
b. Performance remaining time
c. Section elapsed time
d. Section remaining time
e. Performance typical duration
f. Section maximum duration
g. Section typical
h. Section minimum duration
11. Supports multitasking gracefully. If an incoming call is received, or home button is pressed, the application continues to track time in background.
12. Disables the automatic screen lock.
13. Supports landscape and portrait orientation.
Room Captain What's New
Be the first to write a review for Room Captain Write a Review
Promote Your Apps
Productivity iPhone Apps